This Excel sheet provides national summary tables of severe injury cases (admitted patients with an Injury Severity Score > 12) added to the Australia New Zealand Trauma Registry. Separate tables are provided for on-road transport, off-road transport, unknown transport and non-transport cases. Data are preliminary and exclude data for two small sites.
In the latest six months (1 January to 30 June 2019), of 4,377 new cases added to the Registry:
- 37.3 per cent were on-road transport related and 5.4 per cent were off-road, with 0.6 per cent unknown transport-related. Over half of cases (56.1 per cent) were not transport related
- there were 1,506 on-road severe injuries (excludes deaths within 30 days) in this six month period–more than two cases for every road death.
- On-road severe injury cases represent 7 to 8 per cent of on-road serious injuries (hospitalised injury cases).
These tables are produced under the joint Australian Trauma Registry funding agreement between the Department of Health and the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications.
- Australian Trauma Registry cases January-June 2019
- Australian Trauma Registry cases July-December 2018
- Australian Trauma Registry cases January-June 2018
- Australian Trauma Registry cases July-December 2017