Road Safety Statistics
BITRE publishes regular monthly, quarterly and annual road safety crash data series. In addition, research papers and information sheets are released on an occasional basis. The fatality and enforcement data provided here are supplied by the states and territories.
Latest Australian Data
Regular Road Safety Publications
A number of statistical publications are released in PDF format with an accompanying dashboard.
Monthly - Road Deaths Australia–Monthly Bulletins and Dashboard
Monthly summaries and current counts of road crashes deaths.
Quarterly - Road Deaths In Crashes Involving Heavy Vehicles–Quarterly Bulletins
Quarterly summaries and current counts of road crash deaths involving heavy vehicles.
Annual - Road Trauma Australia
Summaries and trends for road crash deaths and crashes.
Annual - Road Trauma Involving Heavy Vehicles
This bulletin contains annual summaries and current counts of Australian fatal road crashes involving heavy vehicles.
Annual - International Road Safety Comparisons
This report presents summaries of fatalities and fatality rates for Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) nations and Australian states and territories.
Annual - Enforcement dashboard
Road safety enforcement and infringement data.
Occasional Road Safety Publications
- Run-off road crashes in Australia (2022)
- Holiday Road Deaths Dashboard (2020)
- Vision Zero—Years with Zero Road Crash Fatalities Dashboards (2019)
- Location and Other Risk Factors in Crashes (2018)
- Modelling Road Safety in Australian States and Territories (2018)
- Motorcycling Safety (2017)
- Light Commercial Vehicle Safety (2017)
- Developing National Road Safety indicators for Injury (2016)
- Heavy Truck Safety: Crash Analysis and Trends (2016)
- Australian Cycling Safety (2015)
- Pedestrians and Road Safety (2015)
- The Impact of Airbags and Electronic Stability Control on Australian Light Vehicle Fatalities (2015)
- Impact of Road Trauma and Measures to improve outcomes (2014)
- Road safety of Older Australians (2014)
- Young Adult Road Safety (2013)
- Child Pedestrian Safety (2012)
State and Territory Road Safety Agencies
Transport for NSW— Centre for Road Safety
Department of Transport—VicRoads
Department of Transport and Main Roads—Road Safety
- South Australia
Department for Infrastructure and Transport—Road Safety
- Western Australia
Department for Infrastructure and Transport—Road Safety Commission
Department of State Growth—Road Safety
- Northern Territory
Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics—Road Safety
Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate—Road Safety
If you have any feedback on these publications, or questions, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.