The Northern Australia Statistical Compendium was prepared by BITRE with the assistance of the Office of Northern Australia, with the aim of compiling a base of factual information that would contribute to improved understanding of the economic and social developments in this region. The compendium discusses essential characteristics of Northern Australia and offers comparisons with the rest of Australia, wherever possible. It provides information on population, the economy, employment, social conditions, education, transport, infrastructure, climate, land use and major industries for Northern Australia as a whole and for the regions within it.
Note: hard copies are not currently available but will be available soon.
- Northern Australia Statistical Compendium 2009–complete report
- Foreword and executive summary
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Population
- Chapter 3 Economic activity
- Chapter 4 Workforce
- Chapter 5 Day-to-day living
- Chapter 6 Transport
- Chapter 7 Infrastructure
- Chapter 8 Natural resources
- Chapter 9 Main industries
- Abbreviations and references
- Northern Australia Statistical Compendium Data