2008 Regional Perspectives
3rd Regional Perspectives Conference, 'Understanding Sustainable Regions'
- Professor Philip McCann, Professor of Economics, Waikato Management School, The University of Waikato, New Zealand, Globalisation, Knowledge and Regions.PPT: 191 KB
Theme 1: Understanding community wellbeing
- Geoff Frost, Regional Research Leader, Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and RegionalEconomics, Costs of remoteness. PPT: 969 KB
- Leanne Johnson, Regional Research Leader, Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics, Household Wealth. PPT: 1168 KB
- Carolyn Brennan, Senior Researcher, Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics, Income Support. PPT: 1000 KB
- Professor Ann Harding, Director, National Centre for Social and Economic Modelling,University of Canberra, Social inclusion: issues, data and policy responses. PPT: 819 KB
- Amy Ruddick, Executive Officer, The Chamber of Minerals and Energy ofWestern Australia, Resource sector engagement the Pilbara region. PPT: 2013 KB
- Professor Rolf Gerritsen, Research Leader Central Australia, Charles Darwin University, Alice Springs, Policy conundrums of remote Australia's two speed economy PPT: 4012 KB
Theme 2: Climate shocks–understanding regional adaption
- Introduction: Dr Catharina Williams, Principal Research Analyst Regional Research, Bureau ofInfrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics. PPT: 4629 KB
- Professor John Handmer, Head, RMIT University, Do communities recover well from disaster?.PPT: 7792 KB
- Dr Anthony Hogan, Senior Social Scientist, Bureau of Rural Sciences, Climate change and adaptation-perspectives from primary producers. PPT: 2001 KB
- Dr Neil Barr, Senior Social Researcher, Department of Primary Industries, Victoria, Structural adjustment in the Australian farm sector PPT: 8197 KB
The files available from this website may not be suitable for users of assistive technology on all devices.
If you experience difficulties and require assistance, please contact us using the feedback page. Please include which device and assistive technology you are using.