Back to top
- provides a description of the circumstances of child pedestrian deaths due to motor vehicle accidents around the home and suggests some of the major factors;
- places these home accidents in the context of child pedestrian safety;
- examines the potential of available data sources for identification and understanding of low-speed vehicle run-overs beyond the home; and
- shows what available data sources can tell us about child pedestrian safety.
- Child pedestrian safety: 'driveway deaths' and 'low-speed vehicle run-overs', Australia, 2001–10