Publications by year: 1995
This page is a listing of all BITRE publications released in 1995.
- Costs of Rail Accidents in Australia—1993Information Sheet 7December 2006The Information Sheet table provides updated estimates of the social costs of railway accidents for 1993.
- Demand Elasticities for Air Travel to and from AustraliaWorking Paper 20December 1995This Working Paper explains why sound demand elasticities are of key importance to any assessment of the impact on passenger demand of changes to air services or aviation infrastructure.
- Costs of Maritime Accidents in Australia—1993Information Sheet 8December 1995The Information Sheet table provides updated estimates of the social costs of maritime accidents for 1993.
- General Aviation Survey Preliminary ResultsWorking Paper 19November 1995This paper contains preliminary results from several surveys of the general aviation sector.
- Analysis of the Rail DeficitInformation Paper 40October 1995The aim of this study is to find out if railways are improving their financial performance following the industry reform programs initiated by the State and Commonwealth Governments in the 1980s.
- Economic Effects of a Brisbane—Melbourne Inland RailwayWorking Paper 18June 1995This paper examines the effects of the Brisbane–Melbourne inland railway on agriculture and mining industries.
- Review of the Waterfront Industry Reform ProgramResearch Report 91May 1995The study examines changes implemented in the stevedoring workforce and in its employment arrangements, the improvements which have occurred in the productivity and reliability of stevedoring services, and estimates the benefits which have been passed to the various categories of users of waterfront services.
- Urban Congestion: Modelling Traffic Patterns, Delays and Optimal TollsWorking Paper 15May 1995This Paper considers the range of impacts of urban road transport.
- Evaluation of the Black Spot ProgramResearch Report 90May 1995The study evaluates the economic benefits of the Black Spot road safety investment program.
- Evaluating Transport Investments With National Economic Models: Australian Experience With ORANIWorking Paper 13April 1995The Working Paper examined the robustness of conventional methods for estimating economic benefits from investment in transport and communications infrastructure.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Australian Transport: Long Term ProjectionsResearch Report 88March 1995This Report provides ‘business as usual’ scenario projections of greenhouse gas emissions from the Australian transport sector.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Australian Transport 1900 and 2000Occasional Paper 110March 1995The Paper estimates the level of emissions from various segments of the transport sector in 1900 and 2000.
- Adequacy of transport infrastructure MultimodalWorking Paper 14.6January 1995The paper assesses the adequacy of Australia's transport infrastructure, focusing in this paper on multimodal aspects.
- Adequacy of Transport Infrastructure: Urban RoadsWorking Paper 14.5January 1995The paper assesses the adequacy of Australia's transport infrastructure, focusing here on urban roads.
- Deregulation of Domestic Aviation in Australia 1990–1995Information Sheet 6January 1995This Information Paper discusses the impact of deregulation of domestic aviation.