Publications by year: 1992
This page is a listing of all BITRE publications released in 1992.
- Fuel Efficiency of Ships and AircraftWorking Paper 4November 1992This Working Paper examines past trends in the fuel efficiency of ships and aircraft, and looks at technical developments and economic factors which could yield further improvements.
- Quality of Service in Australian Passenger AviationResearch Report 80November 1992This report measures and analyses the quality of aviation transport services.
- Social Cost of Transport Accidents in AustraliaResearch Report 79July 1992This report studies the social cost of road, rail, aviation and maritime accidents in Australia in 1988.
- Road Transport Reforms—Implications for Rural and Remote AreasResearch Report 78July 1992This joint Bureau of Transport and Communications Economics/Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics project estimates the impacts of changes to road user charges on vehicle operating costs and on selected industries in rural and remote Australia.
- Modelling the Land Use—Transport—Environment InteractionOccasional Paper 107July 1992This Paper briefly describes the LAND computer package, which seeks to replicate land use, transport and environmental interaction.
- The Cost of Maintaining the Australian National Highway SystemResearch Report 77July 1992This Report discusses the objectives of the Australian national highway system, presents statistical information and describes the application of the life cycle costing technique to the pavement evaluation.
- The Japan–Australia Air RouteWorking Paper 5June 1992This working paper identifies and analyses the factors which have influenced the supply and demand for air services on the Australia-Japan route.
- Shore-Based Shipping Costs of Containerised Cargo: A 1991 UpdateInformation Paper 36April 1992This study updates to 1991, the components of shore based shipping costs included in the Industry Task Force 1986 Shore-Based Shipping Final Report, and BTE Occasional Paper 80, Shore-based Shipping Costs, Non-bulk Cargo.
- Relative Efficiencies in the Transportation of CommoditiesResearch Report 76January 1992This Report assesses the relative efficiencies of road and rail in the transportation of several bulk commodities.
- Transport and Regional Economic DevelopmentResearch Report 74January 1992This Report describes a case study of capacity of regional transport infrastructure to meet current and future demands of industry.