Publications by year: 1991
This page is a listing of all BITRE publications released in 1991.
- Deregulation of Domestic Aviation—The First YearResearch Report 73November 1991The Commonwealth's regulation of interstate aviation, in place for over thirty years, came to an end at midnight on 30 October 1990. This study reviews the developments in the last few months of regulation and in the first year of deregulation.
- Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Transport: Some Tax Policy OptionsWorking Paper 3October 1991The paper examines three tax policy options that might reduce greenhouse gas emissions in transport.
- The Social Impacts of Rail Systems RationalisationResearch Report 72August 1991This report assesses the social impacts of a range of scenarios developed for non-urban rail by the Railway Industry Council to set out reform options for railway systems in Australia.
- Major Marine Oil Spills—Risk and ResponseResearch Report 70August 1991This study examines the risk associated with major oil spills (over 1000 tonnes) in open water anywhere on the Australian coast.
- The Future of the Tasmanian Railway System: A Cost—Benefit Assessment of OptionsResearch Report 69August 1991This study provides financial and social cost-benefit analyses of options for the Australian National railways operation in Tasmania (Tasrail).
- An Analysis of Total Factor Productivity with an Application to Australian NationalResearch Report 68August 1991The paper presents theoretical aspects of productivity measurement and applies it to assessing Australian National Railways (ANR).
- An Economic and Social Assessment of Australian National's Passenger ServicesResearch Report 67August 1991The paper considers the strategic options for continued operation of Australian National Railway Commission's passenger train services.
- Short Term Forecasting of Transport and Communications ActivityWorking Paper 2July 1991This study is one part of a set of review papers that deal with different aspects of shore-based shipping operations.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Australian TransportWorking Paper 1May 1991The Paper details emissions from various segments of the transport sector, discusses the magnitude of the task involved in reducing transport emissions, and examines the potential for reducing them by alternative means.
- Demand Forecasts and Demand Elasticities for Australian Transport FuelOccasional Paper 103February 1991The study focuses on the demand for major transport fuels and assesses forecasts of demand.