Publications by year: 1989
This page is a listing of all BITRE publications released in 1989.
- Redeployment and Redundancy in Australian RailwaysResearch Report 65November 1989A survey was conducted by the Bureau of Transport and Communications Economics to obtain information on the work experiences of redeployed and redundant rail workers.
- The Pricing of Port ServicesOccasional Paper 97October 1989This paper examines price setting policies and practices of port authorities in Australia.
- Transport of Hydrocarbons in the Oil and Gas IndustriesInformation Paper 33August 1989This Paper is an exploratory attempt to examine the distribution of raw and refined petroleum products by all transport modes over the period 1971–2 to 1986–87.
- Road Construction Price Indexes 1977–78 to 1987–88Information Paper 32May 1989This Information Paper presents input-price indexes for national road construction activity for the period 1977–78 to 1987–88.
- Harbour Towage: An Analysis of Industry PerformanceOccasional Paper 96April 1989This Paper analyses the economic efficiency of the harbour towage industry in Australia.
- Transport of Hydrocarbons in the Oil and Gas IndustriesInformation Paper 31March 1989This Paper is an exploratory attempt to examine the distribution of raw and refined petroleum products by all transport modes over the period 1971–72 to 1986–87.
- Shortages in Refrigerated ShippingOccasional Paper 94February 1989This Paper aims to provide an overview of the seaborne export of refrigerated goods, identify whether problems exist and their magnitudes, and explore possible future directions for change.
- Characteristics and Cost Structure of the Bulk Shipping FleetOccasional Paper 93January 1989The Paper presents an analysis of the changes in the size and distribution of the world shipping fleet over the period 1970 to 1987, a comparison of the world fleet and bulk ships visiting Australia in 1985–86, and a forecasts of the future size and distribution of the fleet.
- Costs of Road Crashes in Australia—1988: Supplementary InformationInformation Sheet 2January 1989This supplementary Information Paper details the social costs of road crashes in Australia for 1988.
- Costs of Aviation Accidents in Australia—1988Information Sheet 3January 1989This Information Paper details the costs of aviation accidents in Australia for 1988, with costs grouped into categories of lost productivity, aircraft damage, insurance administration and legal, and other costs.