Publications by year: 1984
This page is a listing of all BITRE publications released in 1984.
- Container Terminal Productivity in Port Jackson from 1977 to 1981Occasional Paper 65December 1984This Paper contains an analysis of the productivity of the Glebe Island and Seatainer terminals in Port Jackson over the period 1977 to 1981.
- A Method of Road Pavement Condition ProjectionOccasional Paper 64December 1984This Paper presents a method of analysing the relationship between road pavement condition and roadwork, for the purpose of examining the effects of future maintenance policies.
- Australian Roads Summary Data, 1982Information Paper 13December 1984This Paper contains basic information on the Australian road network, and on certain related data such as travel, expenditure, vehicle stock, and freight movement.
- BTE Road Construction Price Indexes: 1973–74 to 1983–84Information Paper 12December 1984This Information Paper presents input-price indexes for national road construction activity for the period 1975–76 to 1985–86.
- National Aerodrome Plan: A Strategic FrameworkResearch Report 59November 1984This report presents quantitative and qualitative information and methodologies which need to be considered in developing a national perspective for a national aerodrome plan.
- Assessment of the Australian Road System: Economic Assessment Model for RuralOccasional Paper 63May 1984The paper examines the economic returns from investment in rural arterial roads in different States and in different types of project construction work.
- Assessment of the Australian Road System: FinancingOccasional Paper 61May 1984This study addresses the pattern of road expenditure in Australia and the legislative arrangements under which the Commonwealth Government provides grants to State and Local Governments for roads.
- Assessment of the Australian Road System: Provision of Roads in Local Government AreasOccasional Paper 62May 1984This Paper has been prepared to provide input to the major Australian road system study conducted by the Bureau of Transport Economics, the results of which are presented in the Report ‘Assessment of the Australian Road System: 1984’.
- Assessment of the Australian Road System: Travel ProjectionsOccasional Paper 60May 1984The paper presents the results of a study undertaken to produce road travel projections.
- Social Audit and Australian Transport EvaluationResearch Report 58May 1984This Report covers the interpretation of the social audit concept, the methodology for its application and potential areas of application to Australian transport.
- Central North NSW Transport AlternativesResearch Report 57May 1984The Bureau undertook this study of the economic and financial implications of a range of transport alternatives for the Gwydir and Macintyre River Valleys region.
- Part's A and B: Assessment of the Australian Road System: 1984Research Report 56May 1984This report presents the results of a study of the Australian road system.
- Assessment of the Australian Road System: Operational CharacteristicsInformation Paper 10May 1984The paper presents information about characteristics of the road system to show changes over time.
- Australian Road Financing Statistics 1972–73 to 1981–82Information Paper 11April 1984This Paper provides an update of the data on road expenditure and State road revenue in Australia.